This is probably going to be a very long post, so buckle up! So I want to start this by saying how grateful I am for your support and the love you’ve given me since I took my blog seriously and started to publish every day. When I reached 1000 subscribers I created The Poetry Bar as a way to give back to the community that has given me so much and I promised myself that I am going to make a new project like that every time I reach a new milestone in followers. I’ve reached it a while ago. I have 2575 of you beautiful souls following me and A MASSIVE THANKS FOR THAT but I haven’t made a new project because I didn’t have an idea what to do. I DO NOW!
In my post I’m drained I’ve shared with you that lately I have been struggling with some really bad feelings and that I’ve hit a rough patch in my life that has affected my blog as well. I have neglected my blog, my followers and The Poetry Bar. You have shown me massive support on that post and I felt such a wave of emotions hitting me as I was reading your comments that I was left speechless and trust me that’s a hard thing to do because I always have something to say.
I am still drained, I am still struggling and trying to get back on my feet. In this journey I realized one thing. While I was sinking in my pool of negative emotions I was also surrounded by negative news, comments, emotions and posts. The media, social networks etc. everything was flooded with negativity and it was impacting me as well as the negative emotions I was feeling about myself and my life in general and then it hit me – let’s create a POSITIVITY PRESS! Something like a newspaper of positivity but online.
This is my new project for the new milestone. This is how I envisioned it. You can send in positive news and things you see on the daily basis to help spread positivity in the world. We always hear people raising awareness about different subjects but we rarely see someone raising awareness about the positivity surrounding us. Write down a few words about something positive that you’ve seen or heard. You can also put in the link to your blog if you have one or just put down your name. When I say positivity this is what I mean:
– if you volunteer and you are excited about it send in a few words about it and a picture if you want of you doing good work
– if you got a promotion you worked hard for, passed a difficult test
– if your kids did something adorable today
– if you know about a charity that does great work
– if you are photographer and took a photo that can brighten someone’s day send it in
– if you spend your weekend in a great way and want to share it send it in
– if you found an amazing song that makes you want to shake what your momma gave you send it in and we’ll shake together
– if the weather is amazing send in a picture of you enjoying it
– if you did something you were scared of doing for the first time, like hitting the gym, send in a picture and describe how great you feel
– if you got a new haircut, share it with us and send a picture of yourself smiling
– if you were ill and now got better, tell us about the happiness you’re experiencing as your health came back
Quite literally send in anything that makes you happy because it will make someone else happy as well. Positivity is something we need in a world that can get really dark and negative. Positivity also has a great impact on our mental health so why not create a corner where you can come and only read positive news.
Tell me in the comments what you think about this new project I want to launch. In hopes it will succeed I already created the email address to which you can send in your positivity news and share your positive vibes! The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
SENDING LOVE AND POSITIVE VIBES!